Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What's your suspension plan?

What's your suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lowering Springs

• Coil-Overs

• Total voters

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Leave it stock

OR

Lowering Springs

OR

Coil-Overs

R

rodmoe

I sent the shock ride height measurements and spring rates 6k/4K to BC Racing so each set will look and ride just like the prototype set I spec'd out. I set the ride height at a 7/8 drop in the rear, 1" drop in the front. There is plenty of room to slam the car but thats not my style.
Sounds like a bit of movement Here is the LINKY to the thread over in a different Forum.. Joe also put a Wilwood BBK on his car already too looks nice .. If I recall he tracks his car at or near Road Atlanta so he does have track savey in that he has driven FWD cars with some power at speed :) just sayin is all he has done what I plan on doing just maybe not to the degree he has gone into it :)

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
It does Look really good.

W

wheelhopper

Leaving it stock for now. The car handles well. I have driven it on track completely stock. I don't see why anyone would want to lower it. The car sits lower than most stock cars I have seen.

D

dberte79

Option 4, Koni sport shocks if they become available, I know they are looking at euro shocks they already sell over there to see if they can be used on USDM cars right now.

W

wheelhopper

No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.

D

dberte79

well I fall within the 1 percent who spends his time adjusting/ getting custom revalves to make shocks work and yes I soften them in rain or on particularly rough lots,bilsteins can be good. But I prefer Konis myself, especially since I can get them rebuilt once a year for only the cost of parts.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.
I think most people who drop the $ for a set of single adjustable shocks do so EXACTLY because they want adjustability. Even the basic Fiesta is transformed on a set of Koni Sports! There is a reason Koni was O.E. on Shelby GT350. Or you will also be able to choose the "self adjusting" STR-T dampers for those who dont want to risk a bad decision.