Hello and welcome to our Ford Fiesta Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: What's your suspension plan?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it stock

4 40.00%
  • Lowering Springs

3 30.00%
  • Coil-Overs

3 30.00%
    Staff Team Staff Team 18 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar
    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Tempe
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points

What's your suspension plan?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Leave it stock

OR

Lowering Springs

OR

Coil-Overs

rodmoe

Will be going with a BC coil over from a shop that has a ST they are using to compete so it is there set up with a few AutoX tweaks I hope

Medals
    City
    Tempe
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by rodmoe View Post
    Will be going with a BC coil over from a shop that has a ST they are using to compete so it is there set up with a few AutoX tweaks I hope
    That kit looks really good, even the price is reasonable. Any idea how low it can go?

rodmoe

I sent the shock ride height measurements and spring rates 6k/4K to BC Racing so each set will look and ride just like the prototype set I spec'd out. I set the ride height at a 7/8 drop in the rear, 1" drop in the front. There is plenty of room to slam the car but thats not my style.
    Sounds like a bit of movement Here is the LINKY to the thread over in a different Forum.. Joe also put a Wilwood BBK on his car already too looks nice .. If I recall he tracks his car at or near Road Atlanta so he does have track savey in that he has driven FWD cars with some power at speed :) just sayin is all he has done what I plan on doing just maybe not to the degree he has gone into it :)

Medals
    City
    Tempe
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points

It does Look really good.

wheelhopper

Leaving it stock for now. The car handles well. I have driven it on track completely stock. I don't see why anyone would want to lower it. The car sits lower than most stock cars I have seen.

dberte79

Option 4, Koni sport shocks if they become available, I know they are looking at euro shocks they already sell over there to see if they can be used on USDM cars right now.

wheelhopper

No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.

dberte79

well I fall within the 1 percent who spends his time adjusting/ getting custom revalves to make shocks work and yes I soften them in rain or on particularly rough lots,bilsteins can be good. But I prefer Konis myself, especially since I can get them rebuilt once a year for only the cost of parts.

Medals

City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhopper View Post
    No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.
    I think most people who drop the $ for a set of single adjustable shocks do so EXACTLY because they want adjustability. Even the basic Fiesta is transformed on a set of Koni Sports! There is a reason Koni was O.E. on Shelby GT350. Or you will also be able to choose the "self adjusting" STR-T dampers for those who dont want to risk a bad decision.