Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta ST Mountune vs Clio RS200

Mike

We know Mr Harris has covered Fiesta Mountune vs Clio RS200 earlier this year. But that was a few minutes of track hooning and drag races; excellent video fodder, but leaving the space open for a comparison out in The Real World.

Ideally we would have had a 208 GTI in this test to cover all the bases, but reading some other reviews suggested it may have taken the bronze medal. But we hope to get hold of one in the UK imminently, just to be sure

As for our two hot hatch protagonists, they were actually ideally specced. In all honesty, a bad Fiesta ST can't be ordered, as none of the available options fundamentally alters its vivacious character. Given Mountune's MP215 kit can be fitted and keep the Fiesta under the Clio's list price, it seemed appropriate to line-up the Mountuned car against the Clio. We'll come to the price issue in more depth later.

The Clio came to us Luxed and Cupped, the latter perhaps more relevant to this test than the ?1,000 of climate control, folding mirrors and auto lights. The Cup pack brings 18-inch wheels on Dunlop Sport Maxx rubber, a 3mm drop in ride height and a 15 per cent increase in chassis stiffness.

Though we'll come to the commonalities and distinguishing features in more detail, it's interesting to note how fundamentally different the two approaches to building a hot hatch; the Ford is relatively simple, the Renault far more complex in its attempt to provide driving thrills. Read on to find out which is best.
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28936

FORD FIESTA ST MOUNTUNE
  • Engine: 1,596cc 4-cyl turbo
  • Power (hp): 215@6,000rpm*
  • Torque (lb ft): 236@3,000rpm*
  • Transmission: 6-speed manual, FWD
  • Top speed: 137mph
  • 0-62mph: 6.4 secs (claimed)**
  • MPG: 47.9 (NEDC combined)
  • CO2: 139g/km
  • Price: ?17,594

RENAULTSPORT CLIO 200 TURBO
  • Engine: 1,618cc 4-cyl turbo
  • Transmission: 6-speed dual-clutch auto, FWD
  • Power (hp): 200@6,000rpm
  • Torque (lb ft): 177@1,750rpm
  • 0-62mph: 6.7sec
  • Top speed: 143mph
  • Weight: 1,204kg
  • MPG: 44.8mpg (NEDC combined)
  • CO2: 144g/km
  • Price: ?18,995

Read the Verdict: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28939

F

Froctor

Men, I can't wait for that tune to be available here. If we also can get it thru the dealer and keeps the waranty just like in Europe, it's gonna a be a big score

A

alexanderfreenote

Men, I can't wait for that tune to be available here. If we also can get it thru the dealer and keeps the waranty just like in Europe, it's gonna a be a big score
yep, im all about keeping my warranty. there is a reason why they won't honor your warranty claim on powertrain if you modify with accessport etc..., not because they don't want you to have more fun, but the car was not intended to have, say 230hp with the OEM parts, or else ford would have tuned it. soon enough we will have mountune and then im all in, until that happens, no performance mods for me.

btw i'm loving every minute in this ride, lots of compliments on the looks from random folks too. last week i was with my girl at a restaurant and i could see a couple looking in to my car and talking about it. two days ago i noticed some dude doing a walk around checking out the ride from all angles. and just yesterday i parked up and had some guy come up and say "the car looks fast", i told him it's fords new fiesta ST and it's got 200hp, the guy was shocked. I opened the door and he totally fell in love with the seats and said "i don't see many fords on the road, this car is sexy".

OP
Mike

Mike

Thread Starter #4
Same here, I checked with Mountune and they said the tune is coming soon. I want to get their intake and tune kit.

OP
Mike

Mike

Thread Starter #6
I did see the fswerk one but I like the Mountune more.