Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Quaife Limited Slip Differential

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
For me this would probably be my very last mod after everything else is done.

R

rodmoe

For me this would probably be my very last mod after everything else is done.
At which point you could look into a lighter flywheel and clutch as well as changing the gear set as long as you had it all apart ... Kinda spendy though ..

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
At which point you could look into a lighter flywheel and clutch as well as changing the gear set as long as you had it all apart ... Kinda spendy though ..
I had that planned when the time comes to get the clutch replaced lol. Have you researched a brand yet Rod? I haven't checked to see if Excedy made one for our cars yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I had that planned when the time comes to get the clutch replaced lol. Have you researched a brand yet Rod? I haven't checked to see if Excedy made one for our cars yet.
I have hope for a Centerforce clutch kit to be available within a year. They make nice stuff. The lighter flywheel is also a must. I am absolutely going to do the diff'. The clutch and flywheel are good upgrades for an area that is not generally torn into over the life of the car. I plan to own my Fist for many years. The cost becomes less of an issue when its spread out over 10 years or so.

Mike

I have hope for a Centerforce clutch kit to be available within a year. They make nice stuff. The lighter flywheel is also a must. I am absolutely going to do the diff'. The clutch and flywheel are good upgrades for an area that is not generally torn into over the life of the car. I plan to own my Fist for many years. The cost becomes less of an issue when its spread out over 10 years or so.
Centerforce does make good products and glad they are making a kit for the FiST.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I don't yet know that Centerforce is developing an application. I am planning to approach them to inquire about it. I generally also offer to send O.E. parts for development use. I don't mess around. If I call it's not to ask how the weather is. I also need to add that a crank damper such as Fluidamper or similar is on my list! Everyone seems to be looking for power "up top"(ie; reflash/intake/injectors) I think there is quite a bit of power/torque to be found down low in the engine as well! The Fist needs help in the low RPM area. Plus a quaife will neutralize that TV feature that just basically takes power away to stop wheelspin! I feel that alot of the off the line and lower gear accelleration "issues" could be helped by some lighter parts added down low.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I was just thinking (it happens without warning) Has anyone here heard if the Cobb reflash has some effect on the throttle stepper motor function? As in defeats it in closed loop or has an effect that results in quicker throttle response under certain conditions? This slow response has some of it's roots in the fuel mapping strategy. It's emissions thing regarding Hc reduction. The Cobb reflash would become way more attractive to me if i knew that it would help maximize the effect that a lighter flywheel and crank damper would have. IE: faster RPM rampup to hit the magic 3k boost sweetspot. I don't care about more topend H.P. I am looking for more lower rpm grunt and less intrusive throttle controls. Probably asking for too much.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
On the FiestaSTForum there seems to be the consensus that the Cobb tune brings the power on a lot sooner than the 3k RPM so much that the wheelspin becomes an issue. I plan on getting mine in the spring time.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thanks! That gives me some hope. It has been difficult to get a good idea of just what area would need to be tweeked to get a desired effect. I do not have a problem with 3k rpm before i see boost. I do have a problem with electronic throttle controls that kill off the engines ability to rev quickly and get to that 3,000rpm. I think many here would recognise what i am talking about when they see that their tach needle will hang at a given rpm well after they have lifted to shift or pulled it out of gear altogether to coast down. That behavoir is what helps lower unburned hydrocarbons in the exhaust. Tree huggers love it, gear heads do not.