Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sektune Cold Air Intake

S

Sekred

I used 50mm plastiflex pipe. 50mm is a little on the small side but it was a major hassle because there is very little room to work with. This supplements the OEM system which picks up air just in front of the radiator. The problem I see is that the factory inlet faces the radiator instead of facing forward. The air flow has to travel through a 180 degree turn and two 90 degree turns before in can enter the air filter housing .
See the images and you can see what I have done.
I am not 100% happy with the front air inlet at the moment, It needs a tidy up and I may add a small section of some type of mesh material. I am open to suggestions on how to make it look better from the front view.

View attachment 216
View attachment 217
View attachment 218
View attachment 219
View attachment 220
View attachment 221
View attachment 222

Last edited:

Mike

I see what you did here and kudos for being a trailblazer. I do agree the inlet hole from the fog light cover might be too small. I'm thinking you might get better air flow just by using a straight pipe and extending it down further instead of the 90 degree.

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #3
Saw this leaked from COBB if you need a next project :) good work :)

OP
S

STooge

Thread Starter #5
Good write up Sekred.

I see what you did here and kudos for being a trailblazer. I do agree the inlet hole from the fog light cover might be too small. I'm thinking you might get better air flow just by using a straight pipe and extending it down further instead of the 90 degree.
This is true, would a 45 work?

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Nice work, with 50mm on a 90 degree turn you can go with silicone coupler for better airflow and heat resistant.

OP
S

Sekred

Thread Starter #7
Nice work, with 50mm on a 90 degree turn you can go with silicone coupler for better airflow and heat resistant.

I did look at silicon hoses but there are very expensive in Australia, typically around 50 to 60 bucks for the hose shown. A total rip off.

OP
S

Sekred

Thread Starter #10
Saw this leaked from COBB if you need a next project :) good work :)

Another project, I think I needed to play out side for a while.
That COBB intake, looks like there are using the OEM lower filter housing with a cone type filter?

OP
S

Sekred

Thread Starter #12
By the way guys, I forgot to mention all my intercooler hose clamps were loose. Might pay check yours.