Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta today?

J

jariten

What did you use?
Trial and error and patience. I've taken a lot of these off before from different cars, but these were the absolute worst by far. Heat didn't work at all, alcohol didn't work at all either.

After plying off some with those methods (and kind of marring up the passenger side) I found that Goof-off (not goo-gone, two totally different products) kind of worked.

One of the things that I found was that the ink on the sticker prevents any sort of penetration by the liquid. So first step was to soak a towel in goof-off then let it sit on the sticker for a good 10-15 minutes. That will saturate the sticker (it also saturates the plastic and makes it all baggy, but it tightens right back up after about 24 hours of being dry). Then I took a heavy duty Scotch-Brite kitchen pad and rubbed off as much of the ink as I could (especially the yellow stuff at the top). Repeated a number of times. Then I completely resoaked and just started picking it off with my fingernails (credit card was too thick). It would come off in roughly dime sized chunks and it still left a lot of adhesive behind. I had to constantly respray to keep it moist enough.

When it was finally clear of all the sticker I attacked all the left over adhesive by just spraying it down with goof off and scrubbing the crap out of it with a towel. This also took forever because whatever they used for adhesive didn't want to come off and spread all over the place. Eventually though (like 45 minutes per visor) 99% of it was gone. I then used copious vinyl protectant and armor-all and it looks pretty ok.

It's certainly not perfect as you can still see a faint outline of where the sticker was and in some of the places where I had to scrub especially hard it completely smoothed the texturing. The smoothing is much worse in the areas where I was experimenting, but it's still like this in some of the places where I used the above method.

Oh and word of warning, Goof-off will corrode and stain the plastic piece that goes over the mirror (learned that when I set a mostly dry towel on one...oops). So don't do that and mask it off if you're not going to be extremely careful.

So after a couple hours I ended up with slightly damaged/worn visors instead of stickers. It was worth it to me (I can't stand the bright stickers), but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. YMMV.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #48
Purchased some more LED bulbs. Going to swap out the rear brake lamps tomorrow. Going to be giving away a few of these sets to kick-off our Fiesta of the month contest.

View attachment 277

S

STooge

As opposed to the front brake lights? Haha. Jk. That will look awesome make sure you do some before and afters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rodmoe

Be fun to see how well these hold up to all the hooning you will be doing ;) lol at front rev lights :)

S

Sirhc

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today?

Added some sylvania zxe bulbs. These are way brighter and a great compromise until I retrofit some HID projectors

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #57
Did an Amsoil Oil change and added a K & N filter. Every little bit helps I suppose.
K&N filter swap is probably one of the best ways to free up a few extra hp.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Let's revise this thread, shall we?

After cleaning off some bird sh*t, drove my SE to the Carmichael (CA) Cars & Coffee. Mostly Detroit V8s, but still some fun to be had.

20210228_091248-01.jpeg

20210228_091309-01.jpeg

20210228_092710-01.jpeg