Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta today?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Oh. I was thinking about how to align them when they're installed.
I just lined them up as they were when I took them off; scribed a light line around each bolt/washer and reinstalled to that. Easy-peasey.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Got the stock intercooler out. On the floor, no lift. I'll clean everything I can reach before it goes back together. There's a tiny bit of rust on the crash bar. I'll take pics later.
View attachment 4716
Wow, what a PITA. Didn't take any pics. I was too busy cussing. Finally got it done, though. It's making less power, probably because it's so warm today.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I see you also took out those fender wells / splashguards.

Hope progress is going smoothly!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Yup. Got it all back together the next day. I'm suspecting a boost leak somewhere, though. It's down a few hp, and the intercooler should help, not hurt that. Oh, well, I've been holding off on buying some ramps, but I guess it's time. They'll pay for themselves. Oil changes for this car are super easy and I don't need to pay somebody to do what I can do myself just as fast.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Thanks for the "Un-der the Wrapper" tour.

You've gotten to know your vehicle quite well, you've done quite a lot to it, and in the process helped all of us. [twothumb]

I've been looking into making some form of tow bar, pintle or strap - so to see what you're up against helps me prepare so I don't have the XYL ready to strip me of my title using "Spousal Support" as a lever.

When I can take it apart, redo what I need - then reassemble without her knowing - the better off we all are...

[shhh] [wrenchin] [hatchet][driving]

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks for the "Un-der the Wrapper" tour.

You've gotten to know your vehicle quite well, you've done quite a lot to it, and in the process helped all of us. [twothumb]

I've been looking into making some form of tow bar, pintle or strap - so to see what you're up against helps me prepare so I don't have the XYL ready to strip me of my title using "Spousal Support" as a lever.

When I can take it apart, redo what I need - then reassemble without her knowing - the better off we all are...

[shhh][wrenchin][hatchet][driving]
COPY THAT! Just in court yesterday on spousal support for an ex that is totally capable of working.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Most of it isn't that hard. A lot of squatting and grunting, but I did it. No power tools, since a lot of it is threading plastic into plastic and self-threaded stuff. The tricky part is getting to the bolts that attach the top of the fender to the bumper. You'll need a foot long extension with a swivel, and some patience. You can reach the under fender bolts by turning the wheel.

There are some odd sizes and fasteners. It's not held together by much stuff. I suspect it's like that because the front is a crumple zone.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Thanks! Been biting at the bit waiting for warner times to arrive - so I can restart that rework I want to complete!

Notice that too - about the Not Held together by much stuff - hmmm...[?|]

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Got the stock intercooler out. On the floor, no lift. I'll clean everything I can reach before it goes back together. There's a tiny bit of rust on the crash bar. I'll take pics later.
View attachment 4716
How hard is the grill to remove by itself? I’m needing to respray mine and would rather pull it off this time.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
You have to remove the whole bumper assembly...the grill is bolted/tabbed in place. Believe me, no amount of tugging will remove it!!!! I chose to Plastidip mine in situ. Lots of taping and paper and making sure I shield the rad from overspray.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
I did the fog lamp rings as well. It looked really good with the headlamps tinted dark smoke. Pretty much murdered the whole thing out.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
I did the fog lamp rings as well. It looked really good with the headlamps tinted dark smoke. Pretty much murdered the whole thing out.
I definitely want to do the same for the fog light rings! Post picks when its all dry!

How hard is the grill to remove by itself? I’m needing to respray mine and would rather pull it off this time.
Good call on just taping it up like Lions suggested. I removed mine in order to put on the zetec honeycomb grill. Like Lions said, you HAVE to remove the whole bumper and that thing is tabbed hard in there. Its not at all like the EU fiestas. Definitely not worth removing just to paint, my hands are still recovering from it a few weekends ago [B)] But the zetec grill makes it worth the work