Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Plastidip

I

ileftthestoveon

Im giving thought to doing black plastidip on the roof of my car (molten orange) and maybe doing a dark bronze finish on the wheels next summer. Anyone else had thoughts of toying with paint or plastidip yet?

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #2
If your going to do black have you thought of some type of vinyl ? Or is the cost to high for that to be a option .

OP
I

ileftthestoveon

Thread Starter #3
My plan is to start with plastidip since I already have a few cans and if I like it well enough I'll spring for a vinyl.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
The good thing about Plastidip is that it's relatively cheap and easily undo-able. However I would caution about overly doing it as it may start to become tactful.

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #5
ive been looking into plasti dip since the summer. just waiting to go down to the states to buy the stuff as its like 6-7 $ a can there i think. but i know its 20-25$ a can here![boxface]

OP
L

lonelysuperstar

Thread Starter #7
Would never do this to a new car. I know it's "reversible", but still.

OP
T

takuarc

Thread Starter #8
I would use their glossifier on top of the black to give it some shine.
I don't see why not. Its cheaper than wrapping it with 3m vinyl.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

OP
S

STooge

Thread Starter #9
either way, vinyl or plastidip would look good. i like the idea of it.