Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Car and Driver Article on ST

R

rweidman

Check out the latest in Car and Driver December issue on the St. Overall got good marks but lousy gas mileage. Some interesting notes on performance.
1. Overboost is only available in 3rd-6th at 2500-4000rpm.
2. Fuel shut off occurs at 6400rpm while redline is at 6700.
I have noticed that once in my ST but did not notice if the shut off was before redline.
They need to do a Abarth/Mini S/ ST comparo test.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hmm that's very interesting. I'm sure a tune will remedy most of these issues.

OP
T

takuarc

Thread Starter #3
Interesting. Link to article?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #4
Interesting. Link to article?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
i think you have to buy the magazine lol

on a side note, i don't think i'll ever go over 6000rpm anyways, i don't kill my cars

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #5
i think you have to buy the magazine lol

on a side note, i don't think i'll ever go over 6000rpm anyways, i don't kill my cars
You may be surprised how fast that comes up in the first two gears if you get carried away having fun :) LOL

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #6
in my 11 SE in first gear it can get to 6000 really fast, i can only imagine with the ST. but i drive like a girl with my cars, i take the driveways REALLY REALLY slow and rarely hit pot holes. many times people have honked at me because i take my sweet time on bumpy roads. luckily i have a sunroof on my ST and can flash the birdy in high definition ;-)

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #7
ITs the "on" ramps and smooth as a babeies bottom roads that will entice you to bounch it off the rev limiter like I did all without meaning too it just was a learning curve now I short shift into 2nd so I can feel that pull when its spooled :) you will find out soon enough then just smile and wave boys !!!