Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

speakers size

rooSTer

Premium Account
Both the front and rear you can use 6-1/2" speakers. You can also use 5-1/4" speakers if you get the brackets.

OP
O

Oscar Sanchez

Thread Starter #3
Ok I read somewhere car has 8 speakers I can only find 6 front speakers and front twitters and rear speakers

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #4
Ok I read somewhere car has 8 speakers I can only find 6 front speakers and front twitters and rear speakers
i've always wondered where the 2 speakers were. maybe more tweeters front middle dash?

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #5
im looking for the best way to add an amp to the system.

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #6
so has anyone found the missing two speakers yet?

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm thinking the missing speakers are found in the center of the dash. There supposed to be a tweeter up there and quite possibly it may contain two small tweeters.

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #8
I'm thinking the missing speakers are found in the center of the dash. There supposed to be a tweeter up there and quite possibly it may contain two small tweeters.
wow. 4 tweeters, should sound nice up top, probably lacking down low but i haven't heard what it sounds like yet, i'll comment again when i do.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
needs an amp with some boom attached.
I might tackle that as my first project. Put in an amp below false rear hatch floor. I'm thinking of getting a Bazooka bass tube for easy removal when I need the extra cargo space.

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #11
I might tackle that as my first project. Put in an amp below false rear hatch floor. I'm thinking of getting a Bazooka bass tube for easy removal when I need the extra cargo space.
the bazooka looks cool and it's pretty cheap. i looked it up and it says it's powered. maybe no need for an amp?

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #13
Hmmm... The sony deck may have a sub channel. in that case it may be able to handle a sub without an external amp.

also i'm thinking the system may be the same as the focus minus the sub?

i'm not a huge fan of rewiring a brand new cars audio system, hopefully there would be no need for an amp and the deck has a sub channel so if we need more bass we can run the wire under the carpet and plug it in directly to the deck, that's the best case scenario. now if you want like 2 10's in your hatch then yes, an amp will be needed for sure.

Last edited:

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
the bazooka looks cool and it's pretty cheap. i looked it up and it says it's powered. maybe no need for an amp?
They make two versions, one with a built-in amp and another without.

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Orange

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue

You can use a Speaker RCA Line Level Converter to send signals to your amp.

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #17
the idea with the line converter is good. but don't use a crappy convertor like the one you posted MK, look online for an active output converter with an amp signal wire. like this

View attachment 183