Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Mountune Short Shifter Install

R

rodmoe

Got my Mountune Short shifter install today.. And I mean today as it is a interesting install to say the least. But here are the results of my couple hour job that included taking the battery and battery box out as well as working by feel most of the time as the parts are placed in so well you need smallish hands which I didn't have LOL

[video=youtube_share;Sj4Wd08gnmo]http://youtu.be/Sj4Wd08gnmo[/video]

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Great video Moe, what's your driving impression so far?

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #4
its a lil tighter feel on first drive and way way shorter getting into 2nd and 4th as well as the toss up to 3rd seems to be shorter too... didn't get much time in the car after I get it done so ill hope to give a week old review and if I forget just remind me :) SO far So good. but the install takes times and make sure you have the correct size hex wrenches before you start ;)

OP
O

Old Pirate

Thread Starter #6
TY for you time to put this together and hope to see more later down the road.

OP
S

Sekred

Thread Starter #8
Just finished installing a Mountune short shift kit myself. No vid but I did measure shift lever movement from 3-4 gear before and after. About 70mm Vs 55mm.
A straight forward job providing you have some mechanical know how and the correct tools. Not much room to move is really the only problem.

Looking at the image, I have removed what I think was the reverse light switch to gain move room during installation.

View attachment 190