Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Wax for white and black ST

R

rweidman

At my favorite O'Reilly's auto parts store, I picked up a tube of Mequiar's Wax for white cars, they also have one for black as well. Washed and waxed with it and found it to impart a much deeper glossier shine. Tube was $11 and was enough for two wax jobs. I know everyone has their favorite wax, but for white cars this wax seemed to look better than usual premium waxes.

OP
C

CivicAssassin

Thread Starter #2
May be going to get some of the black. After today's wash job, I noticed very fine scratches EVERYWHERE! I'm super pissed, atm. -.-

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Ah great review, my wife has Black RAV-4 that looks pretty dull, I may pick up a tube this weekend and give it a try.

OP
S

Sekred

Thread Starter #4
At my favorite O'Reilly's auto parts store, I picked up a tube of Mequiar's Wax for white cars, they also have one for black as well. Washed and waxed with it and found it to impart a much deeper glossier shine. Tube was $11 and was enough for two wax jobs. I know everyone has their favorite wax, but for white cars this wax seemed to look better than usual premium waxes.
Any photos please.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
Back in the day I used to use Turtle wax. The place I had my car detailed at used liquid Meguiers on their orbital. I'm amazed that nobody had brought this thread to life. Usually lots of people chime in about the different types of wax they use. Is 5 Star Shine still around? I remember them starting out in the late 90's.

Sarahaw

As a paste wax, Collinite is actually a permanent grade 1 Brazilian wax that will outshine other premium waxes any time.
Bugs, tar, road film and other dirt are immediately conspicuous on a white car and thus the best car wax for white cars should prevent them from sticking as best as possible.
Collinite increases the clear coat?s surface tension so that dust, dirt and the other elements just slide off the finish.

Amateurs and pro detailers all love the rich, deep gloss of Brazilian Carnauba wax. The vehicle?s paint is transformed into a deep luscious pool that?s all weather shining. Besides, the gloss shields your car from contaminants such as UV rays, oxidation, moisture, heat, among other environmental pollutants.
In addition, it has a synthetic polymer that bonds with the car paint to form a long lasting hard shell that can go up to 1 year dependent on the conditions and environment of use. Its long shelf life is also a big plus

heyty84

City
Manassas City
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta SE
Never tried that brand before. I've always used Meguiar's.