Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Proud new owner

F

Froctor

Hey all,

I am the new owner of a molten orange Fiesta ST. I've signed the papers 2 weeks back, took possession of the car last thursday. Already did a little roadtrip this past weekend with it and she is simply amazing! Since I didn't want to wait and order one, I ended up getting the fully loaded model the dealer had on order and I don't regret it. Molten Orange was the color I wanted, everything else is simply a bonus.

Unfortunatly, the morning after my CEL came on with a code P0456, I cleared it drove the week-end and it came back on today (tuesday). I am scheduled to take it back to the dealer on Oct.9. Not a big deal, but I didnt expect a dealer visit so quickly.

Can't wait to chat with you all!

Thanks for reading

Phil

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #2
Welcome and as you must know that code isn't really a big thing as far as your engine goes... P0456 Ford

P0456 Ford - EVAP System Leak Detected Gross Leak/No Flow

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0456_ford.html#ixzz2gUjdv8U9

- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close

Could it be your groovy capless filler stuck open ?

OP
F

Froctor

Thread Starter #4
Welcome and as you must know that code isn't really a big thing as far as your engine goes... P0456 Ford

P0456 Ford - EVAP System Leak Detected Gross Leak/No Flow

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0456_ford.html#ixzz2gUjdv8U9

- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close

Could it be your groovy capless filler stuck open ?
Yes I am aware that it is not that big of a deal for the engine. I park the car in the streets for now since my parking is not ready yet, I suspect someone probably plays/open the gas door at night or something. It's just not as fun driving a new car with a warning light on :p

OP
O

Old Pirate

Thread Starter #5
Congrats on your new ride, got any photo's of it?

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #6
Yes I am aware that it is not that big of a deal for the engine. I park the car in the streets for now since my parking is not ready yet, I suspect someone probably plays/open the gas door at night or something. It's just not as fun driving a new car with a warning light on :p
OMG that just sounds bad LOL yup it makes you a lil sad to see the dash lights on ... bout the same after I put winter or track tires on without TPMS sensors in and the light comes on I go "Wait What ??" the just relax :)

OP
F

Froctor

Thread Starter #7
Here are some quick pics I snapped with my phone on my way to pick apples.

Yes the car is plated, you just can't see the transit thru the tints.

And for those wondering, tints are 20% rear and 35% front.

@ rodmoe, I'll be getting winter wheel and tires soon, I too have another light to look foward too :p

OP
F

Froctor

Thread Starter #12
Nothing has really changed since the last time other than the milleage :p

My snow tires are going on next week, I'll take a couple of winter mode shots.

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #13
Nothing has really changed since the last time other than the milleage :p

My snow tires are going on next week, I'll take a couple of winter mode shots.
what did you decide to run for winters and rims/size ?