Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Possible front lower grill license plate bracket

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I was thinking of asking my dealer not to mount the front plate bracket and opting for something like this. What do you guys think of this front lower grill license plate bracket? Think it could work on the Fiesta ST?

O

Old Pirate

Here in Florida one doesn't have the need for a front one, but I seen one at a dealer and was wondering why the dealer order it with one......

S

Sekred

I would stick to the stock mounting position myself, I wouldn't like to hang anything off the plastic grill. Avoid anything that restricts or blocks air flow to the Intercooler, this is a Must Do.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I would stick to the stock mounting position myself, I wouldn't like to hang anything off the plastic grill. Avoid anything that restricts or blocks air flow to the Intercooler, this is a Must Do.
I get your point. I guess anther option is to mount it on either sides and not directly in the middle.

R

rweidman

Anyone try to take the front plate holder off. It looks like it is riveted and hard to remove. Just hate the way it spoils the front grill.

R

rweidman

Damn front plate holder. Decided I was going to take it off once and for all. Drilled through rivets, popped top snap-in out and still couldn't budge it. I am afraid if I grind on the rivets, I will grind through to the white bumper. I am sure there is an easier way to get the damn thing off.

S

STooge

I contacted my salesperson about this as I did not want mine mounted. He told me that they do not do it at the dealer. If your state requires it, it is done from the factory.

S

STooge

Damn front plate holder. Decided I was going to take it off once and for all. Drilled through rivets, popped top snap-in out and still couldn't budge it. I am afraid if I grind on the rivets, I will grind through to the white bumper. I am sure there is an easier way to get the damn thing off.
I have seen some that are screwed/riveted and taped. That is a possibility anyway. If not, Do our car have a tow hook, i have not received mine yet so I do not know? If they do I have seen some plate holders and actually screw into your tow hook spot. That would be awesome if it were in a good place. They also allow you to mount it up, down or sideways. Like I said I am unsure if our cars have one but its an idea.

S

stuntdoogie

If anyone finds a way to remove the two rivets at the bottom of the plate holder let us know! I want mine off also.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Drilling is the only way to get those out. When I ordered mine, I was promised by the dealer they wouldn't install the mounting bracket. Unbeknownst to them, it's a factory installed bracket. I was told afterwards, the only way to not get it with the car is to have your dealer manually remove it from your order options.