Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Test drove a ST over the weekend

OP
R

Reason

Thread Starter #22

FRS has a better front bumper [^] lol
That was one of the reason the FRS didn't work out though they have back seats they don't have room for legs after the kids start walking ;) and no power below 4k in stock form with a Auto which was fun with the rev match and sprt modes but I missed the control that 3rd pedal gives you ;) Get more torque in the Twins at lower revs and you will be a killer at the AutoX..
Hey Rodmoe

As another (former) FR-S owner, can you compare interior room and interior build quality for me? I'm hoping the ST has a bit more room than the FRS (head room mostly, but hoping the seats aren't quite as narrow, i'm a big guy). Would be awesome to get opinions from someone who has sat in both while I wait patiently for one to show up locally I can test drive.

Sorry if this is off topic for the thread.

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #23
Not a Problem I will be glad to once I get my car that last I heard was sitting on a ramp at the factory do to shipping issued cause by the two hurricanes that swept both coasts of Mexico last week 9/15/13 So once my car with the Recaros gets here ill post up.. (I have not sat in a FiST recaro car yet.Sat in a few FoST but not the FiST) I have driven a Fist with no options and was pleasantly surprised by the pull of the motor and the fun noises it make I didn't think the Interior was any worse than the FRS other than the radio was way more fancy than I need as I like it "less is more" I'm sure this car will fit 4 track tires in it better than my FRS did thought and maybe the kids can keep their legs on if we need to all pile in the FiST like we tried once in the FRS LOL. Remind me in a month if you still need info. I hope to have the car by then but I have given up being excited by waiting this long again ;)

OP
O

Oscar Sanchez

Thread Starter #24
From my experience I am a big guy and those recaros are tight. You wont notice at first but lately I've been driving more than 200 miles a day and its getting a bit painful for me. But this car pulls sooo good and sounds soo good its all worth it lol. I admit I am in love with this car. Got it on saturday with 40miles on it and its already at 600 miles lol 3 tank of gas cant let go of that boost. You can hear the turbo all the time in stock cant imagine whith a cai. As to build quiality its very good I havent noticed anything cheap feeling even yho the doors are mostly plastic theres a soft padded spot where your arm rests on the door.

OP
R

Reason

Thread Starter #26
From my experience I am a big guy and those recaros are tight. You wont notice at first but lately I've been driving more than 200 miles a day and its getting a bit painful for me. But this car pulls sooo good and sounds soo good its all worth it lol. I admit I am in love with this car. Got it on saturday with 40miles on it and its already at 600 miles lol 3 tank of gas cant let go of that boost. You can hear the turbo all the time in stock cant imagine whith a cai. As to build quiality its very good I havent noticed anything cheap feeling even yho the doors are mostly plastic theres a soft padded spot where your arm rests on the door.

Bumping this to remind Rodmoe to give me his comparison thoughts on FR-S to FiST !

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #27
Oh yes that's right sorry I got my FiST and never looked back ... The ride and feel are about the same though the FRS is woefully slow to hit any kind of power the ST has a wicked second gear after first gear runs out way to quick (hit rev limiter more than once) I don't even think of the FRS anymore as the ST is such a fun car to toss around and just gets with it when you hit the gas provided you are over 2k rpm.. I have the Recaro's and they fit me snug but that's ok as the FRS fit well too. The ST is a Hatch the FRS was a sexy sports car though I don't miss having to just about fall out of the car to exit it as I did the the FRS... I have to give the Edge hear Stock for Stock to the ST it just gets it done from scooting along the hiway to taking the twistys without any fear .. you cant drift it but you can Hoon with it LOL
Ask me anything I forgot to cover... hope this helps
Oh one more thing the FRS needed different pads to get the brakes where I wanted them .. This ST has some of the best brakes for a factory car I've had in a while .. Dusty as all heck but man do they work great !!

Last edited:
OP
S

ST_Rocky

Thread Starter #28
Oh yes that's right sorry I got my FiST and never looked back ... The ride and feel are about the same though the FRS is woefully slow to hit any kind of power the ST has a wicked second gear after first gear runs out way to quick (hit rev limiter more than once) I don't even think of the FRS anymore as the ST is such a fun car to toss around and just gets with it when you hit the gas provided you are over 2k rpm.. I have the Recaro's and they fit me snug but that's ok as the FRS fit well too. The ST is a Hatch the FRS was a sexy sports car though I don't miss having to just about fall out of the car to exit it as I did the the FRS... I have to give the Edge hear Stock for Stock to the ST it just gets it done from scooting along the hiway to taking the twistys without any fear .. you cant drift it but you can Hoon with it LOL
Ask me anything I forgot to cover... hope this helps
Oh one more thing the FRS needed different pads to get the brakes where I wanted them .. This ST has some of the best brakes for a factory car I've had in a while .. Dusty as all heck but man do they work great !!
Sooooooo GLAD to hear this! Cause the FRS had been one car I was considering, when a certain local Ford dealer crushed my hopes to trade my 08 VW R32 for a FoST. And I was actually on my way to a Dodge dealer to buy their new Dart GT, when on a whim, stopped at a Ford dealer on the way who over the phone said they had no Fiesta ST's in yet - and found my baby sitting there just off the delivery truck. Am so glad I stopped there first!

OP
S

stuntdoogie

Thread Starter #29
Sooooooo GLAD to hear this! Cause the FRS had been one car I was considering, when a certain local Ford dealer crushed my hopes to trade my 08 VW R32 for a FoST. And I was actually on my way to a Dodge dealer to buy their new Dart GT, when on a whim, stopped at a Ford dealer on the way who over the phone said they had no Fiesta ST's in yet - and found my baby sitting there just off the delivery truck. Am so glad I stopped there first!
So you dont have any regrets trading the R32 for this FiST? how many miles did you have on the R32?
I was suppose to pick up my FiST yesterday but as I was driving my 06 Acura TL to the dealer I kept going and told them I had an emergency and couldnt make to pick up the car...I feel like im making a huge mistake. :(

OP
S

ST_Rocky

Thread Starter #30
So you dont have any regrets trading the R32 for this FiST? how many miles did you have on the R32?
I was suppose to pick up my FiST yesterday but as I was driving my 06 Acura TL to the dealer I kept going and told them I had an emergency and couldnt make to pick up the car...I feel like im making a huge mistake. :(
Oh I miss the AWD, of course. And had a Miltek exhaust on it, so miss the glorious sound of a VR6 engine under full throttle. But I had become so isolated from the thrill of driving. This Fiesta ST is like a time machine. Cause it brings back the thrill I had of driving, almost like my early days with Triumph Spitfires and Lotus Europas. Now I try to find excuses to go take a drive in it. Even going to work in the morning, can be fun.

But to each his own. Having had British sports cars ages ago, I am not as sensitive to bumps and noises as those spoiled by Honda's and Toyota's. My pleasures are twisty turns, and good exhaust "music".

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #31
Oh I miss the AWD, of course. And had a Miltek exhaust on it, so miss the glorious sound of a VR6 engine under full throttle. But I had become so isolated from the thrill of driving. This Fiesta ST is like a time machine. Cause it brings back the thrill I had of driving, almost like my early days with Triumph Spitfires and Lotus Europas. Now I try to find excuses to go take a drive in it. Even going to work in the morning, can be fun.

But to each his own. Having had British sports cars ages ago, I am not as sensitive to bumps and noises as those spoiled by Honda's and Toyota's. My pleasures are twisty turns, and good exhaust "music".
Gotta say what he said !! This car has made me FORGET I owned a FRS or a RSX though it is very RSX like minus the no torque below 3k that all Hondas seem to share .. lol it has enough creature comforts to keep me happy and confused as I bought the car to drive not connect to the interweb ;) and drive it does well You may miss the luxo ride of the TL but the FiST will make you smile in so many other ways I cant think it wont be long and you will go "ya I had a Acura once nice car I think" Well I would hope so.. but if you are worried ask the dealer to take the ST for a drive alone and see if you can find the love we seem to have for this lil pocket rocket with 4 dorrs ( a plus in my book) LOL let us know ...