Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 Honda Fit RS, potential Fiesta ST competitor?

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
What do you guys think? Its going to have a 1.5liter motor mated to a six-speed transmission.

L

lessard.dcj

to hell with honda, the fit is one of the ugliest things ever. they had a chance at greatness with the remake of the CRX, the CRZ but they *******ed out on the engine.
i think the CRX was honda's last great car. my 2 cents

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I think RS stands for "Recall Soon"[biggrin]

For me the last great Honda was the S2000, but I would still never own one as its too impractical for me.

R

rodmoe

If they bring the dual cam version of the 1.5 I will have too look into this as a replacement for our current Fit. But only if it comes in blackberry or blackberry pearl like our wonderful 09 super fit sport.. Wife has a spot for purple cars that can be a plus .. That's how I managed 2 new challengers in less than one year :) but to each there own personally .. Let hope the ST make a few more car makers wake up and build something fun like the civic type r they are testing now with the 1.6 turbo ... Hope it comes stateside like the EU market gets and not dumbed down for us phat Americans ...

R

rodmoe

You guys never drove a RSX or Integra I take it..
The S2k is a awesome track car too like a Miata with more of a edge .. Too bad most get riced :(

L

lessard.dcj

ok 1 of the only other cars that might be uglier is the nissan leaf. wtf is that for a car design.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
You guys never drove a RSX or Integra I take it..
I haven't driven the RSX, but I've driven a friend's Integra RS and that thing was pretty fast back in the days.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
ok 1 of the only other cars that might be uglier is the nissan leaf. wtf is that for a car design.
I actually don't mind the design, I think its a big step up from the Current Fit.

L

lessard.dcj

i like the rsx, was thinking about getting one when they came out, but still CRX being a hatch back, was the last super cool car honda made.

R

rodmoe

With Acura the Type R or Type S cars were the faster ones with the vtec and dual cams getting 200 hp out of a 2 ltr normally aspirated motor was pretty sweet in the day.. Then they fell asleep and quit making cars.

L

lessard.dcj

true that, but im a Tq lover ill take under 200hp and over 200lb/ft Tq over 200hp and 0lb/ft Tq any day

R

rodmoe

I have to agree that is one thing I never got used too was reving a motor to a 8k redline and having to baby it off the line cuz no low end grunt .. In the end that was why I left... Looking forward to my Lil blue beastly with a tune that can give me near 250 foots of torques ... That just sounds fun

M

MJ1246

The GTI's have outclassed the Honda's everytime, just with torque alone, and then the ratio of money:power for tuning. 1000 busks nets you an extra 40hp 40ftlbs where in honda to get that you'd have to spend nearly 5 times that if not more. Love that Ford finally got in the mix, great Hp to Torque ration, best racing heritage of the bunch really.

R

rodmoe

Gotta say that's true But HONDA never had a factory car with boost... it a step in the right direction if they take it.. I read they may be bringing a downsized Civic type R to the NA with 220hp an DOHC and a factory turbo possibly out of a 1.5 L motor... let hope they keep pushing so we get more and more choices without having to drop 40K ;) just some random thoughts here is all ....