Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intake Thread

S

Sekred

The time difference between during that test is because they are measuring how long it takes the filter to "plug".
The plug point is when the restriction though the filter reaches 10 H2O at 350 cubic feet per min of air flow.
How they have come up with those test parameters and how they relate to real world driving I don't know. One thing that you probably could be assured of is those dust quantities they are using would be very high compared to every day driving.
Cheers
Sekred
out of curiosity does this ASO 5011 test have a fail gauge, for instance why run the ac for 60 minutes and not all the filters the same then compare the differences?
is there a magic number that determines when they pull the plug on a test?

also my wife has an 2011 fiesta, bone stock as well.
i may try to do an intake but add a fine particle filter bag over it like my vacuum has.
unless they come with this now.

L

lessard.dcj

i think they went to the maximum conditions a heavy duty vehicle would be subjected to. the test was not for passenger vehicles right?

S

Sekred

As far as I know there is only one test, the ISO 5011. It is a extreme test. This test use be call SAE J726. The Acronym SAE short for Society of Automotive Engineers .Now you can imagine what happens when you get a bunch of Engineers together to devise some kind of test to measure the performance of a particular part, its going to be extreme IMHO.

Heavy Vehicle air filters have filtering rates of around 99.5%, customers and fleet managers expect these current diesel engines to run for 1,000,000kms between overhauls and the engines are quite capable of achieving these figures spending a lot time under high load conditions.

Cheers
Sekred

i think they went to the maximum conditions a heavy duty vehicle would be subjected to. the test was not for passenger vehicles right?

S

Sekred

Just for you Lessard [^]

[video=youtube_share;XfIu4ZC2GI8]http://youtu.be/XfIu4ZC2GI8[/video]

C

CivicAssassin

Pretty exciting that a small upgrade, like that, can produce such a good result. What I don't get, is what the deal was with the rubber plug, at the end. I could've been looking at the graph wrong, but, it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

S

Simmo_M

The rubber cap made about +1hp overall. Ive already got my K&N fitted. Couldn't notice much difference, if any. Has a nice howl on low revs though

L

lessard.dcj

not bad gains. thanks Sekred.

Nothing cool would ever happen if we never took risks, as long as we manage those risks at an acceptable level. - Lessard, just getting up [sleeping]

rooSTer

Premium Account
Any one know if this is released yet? Didn't see it on their site.
[video=youtube;D6lRyxsnaOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lRyxsnaOs[/video]