Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Problem with speedo and radio volume jumping wildly, together with engine codes 420 & 503

MikeGo

Hi it would be very much appreciated if anyone coudl help point me in the right direction as we are currently car-less and I really need to sort this. My Ford Fiesta V 2003 MK V 1.25 16V has one or more problems: The radio will periodically go very loud, and the speedo either drop to zero or start showing a much higher speed than I am travelling. The car is also generating a P0503 (Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent/Erratic/High), which I assume is related to the problem with the speedo, and a P0420 code (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1) which I think could be a related electrical problem as we have had a new catalytic converter within the last couple of years. I had been thinking it might be the voltage regulator, but am now wondering if it could be a wiring problem. If anyone has any similar experiences and can suggest where I might look first, that would be a great help,

Regards

Micahel