Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Did Ford improve their DCT Transmission?

My family has a 2012 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback with the DCT Transmission. We've had it replaced 3 times now and it still has issues. Car has 76k miles on the clock. It has started to have issues with the axles, CV joints, and steering knuckle. It's not how were driving it because we drive it normally. It's having issues it shouldn't be having and it really wants me to dislike ford. But we aren't sure if ford improved We're planning on trading it in and getting a 2017 or 2018 ford fiesta DCT. We were wondering if anyone had issues with the new transmission, we don't want to go through the same issues we did before. My question is if we get a new one, will we have the same issues we did before. We love our ford fiesta but it's breaking our bank with repair bills.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
My family has a 2012 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback with the DCT Transmission. We've had it replaced 3 times now and it still has issues. Car has 76k miles on the clock. It has started to have issues with the axles, CV joints, and steering knuckle. It's not how were driving it because we drive it normally. It's having issues it shouldn't be having and it really wants me to dislike ford. But we aren't sure if ford improved We're planning on trading it in and getting a 2017 or 2018 ford fiesta DCT. We were wondering if anyone had issues with the new transmission, we don't want to go through the same issues we did before. My question is if we get a new one, will we have the same issues we did before. We love our ford fiesta but it's breaking our bank with repair bills.
If you are the original owner the first replacement boxes shouldn't have cost anything beyond big inconveniences. The Powershift transaxle has had at least 3 major controller software changes/upgrades . The clutch material specs were revised and i understand that material specs also were changed on several seals. I have a 2011 se hatchback with a rebuilt transaxle from late 2015, no issues to speak of so far. But people need to understand that these boxes do have a few somewhat different operating characteristics from a traditional torque converter transmission.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
If you are the original owner the first replacement boxes shouldn't have cost anything beyond big inconveniences. The Powershift transaxle has had at least 3 major controller software changes/upgrades . The clutch material specs were revised and i understand that material specs also were changed on several seals. I have a 2011 se hatchback with a rebuilt transaxle from late 2015, no issues to speak of so far. But people need to understand that these boxes do have a few somewhat different operating characteristics from a traditional torque converter transmission.
That is nice to know. We found a 2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium with 15k miles, 15,500$ and it's the DCT Transmission. We are thinking about buying it but are skeptical. I just hope this one doesn't give us issues like the last one did.