Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford to continue U.S. spec Fiesta into May 2019....

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That is a huge surprise. I imagine the rental fleets.Will be flooded with Fiestas.they are not in demand at the retail level. Dealers have no enthusiasm for em either.

Corvair

It's been years since I've seen a Fiesta on my local Ford lot.

Ford sounds like it will be discontinuing all cars in the next few years except for the Mustang and one Focus that really is a crossover. It sounded this is world wide. I've seen dates as soon as 2020 and 2022. I've heard the doom and gloom people say what will happen when gas goes up again. Well, if you are driving an older SUV, you'll be happy with a new SUV, even in the same size. MPG's have made a steady climb over the years. There are compact SUV's getting mpg's in the mid 30's.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
Order bank closes on March 29 th. Then the plant will build Fiesta's until the orders are fulfilled. My guess is that the last job will roll off the line in late May or early June.

HeatonJL

I think it's a shame that manufacturers are discontinuing these vehicles. I'm not a doom and gloom kind of guy, but i think it's ridiculous, seeing people buy these huge vehicles, and not understand how to drive them. I like my little, sporty Fiesta, that gets me 40+mpg on the highway, and over 30 in mixed driving. There may be SUVs out there that claim 30+, but I bet that's ideal conditions, on the freeway, not every day, mixed driving.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #5
I agree! The Fiesta size and relatively uncomplicated design, compared to a hybrid car, is just more appealing to me also. I don't think that very many people even realize that when the Fiesta goes away there will be no sub fifteen grand base price cars remaining!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I think it's a shame that manufacturers are discontinuing these vehicles. I'm not a doom and gloom kind of guy, but i think it's ridiculous, seeing people buy these huge vehicles, and not understand how to drive them. I like my little, sporty Fiesta, that gets me 40+mpg on the highway, and over 30 in mixed driving. There may be SUVs out there that claim 30+, but I bet that's ideal conditions, on the freeway, not every day, mixed driving.
I agree 100%!