Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Under Carriage Protection Cover Engine

lycanz28

Hello. Is it okay if not having a under carriage protection cover for the engine? I'm driving on a snow when suddenly fell off the cover and i suddenly pull over at check what is the noise coming underneath and i saw the half cover almost fell off.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

OP
L

lycanz28

Thread Starter #2
Under Carriage protection cover Engine

Hello. Is it okay if not having a under carriage protection cover for the engine? I'm driving on a snow when suddenly fell off the cover and i suddenly pull over at check what is the noise coming underneath and i saw the half cover almost fell off.

OP
L

lycanz28

Thread Starter #4
Its perfectly fine without it.
There is a funny thing. When i came in to Mr. Lube to make a oil change to my car. After the oil change i asked them if it is possible to attach again the cover underneath. And when they going to attach the cover, those cover is not mine. Those cover they said it was from the volkswagen. LOL and when i look at the serial number and the name it was from the volks. I'm so confused that time. What the hell happen why i had a volkswagen cover underneath. I thought it was from ford. LoL

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
There is a funny thing. When i came in to Mr. Lube to make a oil change to my car. After the oil change i asked them if it is possible to attach again the cover underneath. And when they going to attach the cover, those cover is not mine. Those cover they said it was from the volkswagen. LOL and when i look at the serial number and the name it was from the volks. I'm so confused that time. What the hell happen why i had a volkswagen cover underneath. I thought it was from ford. LoL

Did you buy it new or used?

Corvair

The most likely reason Ford put it on was to improve air flow at higher speeds. It may have a slight improvement in fuel efficiency. U.S. and Canada 2011 Fiestas and perhaps addition years have a fuse box corrosion issues. I looked at mine when it was four years old, it was really bad. I was surprised I wasn't having electrical issues. Two week later I got a different car. So, it may protect components under the car. Why would Ford spend money on this part if it wasn't needed?