Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Additional Auxilliary Fan for tropical countries?

FROMDUB

As we all know the provided fan for the radiator is just enough or small. I was thinking to add another fan at the front or at the back of the front bumper for an additional cooling not just for the radiator but for the engine as well. Does anyone find this possible? Or this will just ruin the behavior of the engine?

rooSTer

Premium Account
As we all know the provided fan for the radiator is just enough or small. I was thinking to add another fan at the front or at the back of the front bumper for an additional cooling not just for the radiator but for the engine as well. Does anyone find this possible? Or this will just ruin the behavior of the engine?
Are you experiencing any overheating issues?

OP
F

FROMDUB

Thread Starter #3
None actually. Im just thinking if it could be much better if theres a consistent fan other than the stock. In my country specially on mid day, it thends to be hot. About 42 degrees tops. And theres 1 day (once only) i was out in the afternoon and the engine just died. Lucky after 2 starts i got the engine running again back to normal.

I was wondering maybe because its too hot outside and the engine is programmed to turn of when it tends to get hot? Thats why i thought also bout a temp. Guage so that im aware when the engine is really hot.

So i was thinking of adding a fan just to help the engine cooling maybe?

rooSTer

Premium Account
An auxiliary fan won't be enough to cool the engine as they are designed to cool off the radiator. You would be more successful at getting a larger radiator.

OP
F

FROMDUB

Thread Starter #5
Thanks rooSTer for the advise. Appreciate it. I never knew that the stock radiator was that thin! By looking at these, definitely it would not last long if i make my fiesta a daily driver in my country.

I really need a bigger upgrade lol. Thanks man! [thumb]

rooSTer

Premium Account
For the most part our radiator does the job just fine, I haven't read of anyone having overheating issues.