Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Why the dummy rear turn signals

Unlike most cars, my 2017 Fiesta does not have a separate amber turn signal. It uses the same bulb for the brake, tail light and turn signal. I hate this. There are two fixtures, both outboard of the backup lights that clearly looks as if it were designed to house a bulb for a turn signal but it's just a dummy. Nothing goes in there. I checked the manual and the only bulbs listed are the brake, tail light, turn signal combo and the tail lights on the trunk lid.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Unlike most cars, my 2017 Fiesta does not have a separate amber turn signal. It uses the same bulb for the brake, tail light and turn signal. I hate this. There are two fixtures, both outboard of the backup lights that clearly looks as if it were designed to house a bulb for a turn signal but it's just a dummy. Nothing goes in there. I checked the manual and the only bulbs listed are the brake, tail light, turn signal combo and the tail lights on the trunk lid.
I agree with the Fiesta came with amber blinkers too.

Corvair

It saves money. Maybe. Since the Fiesta is a world car, this feature isn't legal everywhere, so you need another wiring harness. More complcations on the assemble line. More inventory. Make no sense to me either.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's a styling feature the balances the tails appearance without adding another harness and more cost. The rear of Fiesta looks alot like a Fusion that was pressed in a bench vice and squished narrower and taller.

Last edited:
OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Overall I'm not happy with the Fiesta compared the 2014 Focus SE with Appearance package that I had. Every other Fiesta I see from 2011 to now has a turn signal in the outside mirrors. Mine does not. I don't miss the transmission shuddering that I had to deal with in the Focus as I do like Sync 3 but that's about it. The Fiesta needs heated mirrors in every model as the mirrors are mounted lower on the door and not on A pillar at the door window where it would be able to pick up heat from inside of the car. Even though I have the SE with Appearance package I don't have the same features that the 2014 Focus did. No sunroof which I really miss, the ambient LED lighting covers only a portion of the area that the focus lit up. The 16 inch aluminum sparkle rims are nothing special. The worst feature is the seats front and rear are too small to give thigh support and I'm only 5'7''.
I do like the 32 mpg average too and from work. I never broke 30 in the Focus.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Overall I'm not happy with the Fiesta compared the 2014 Focus SE with Appearance package that I had. Every other Fiesta I see from 2011 to now has a turn signal in the outside mirrors. Mine does not. I don't miss the transmission shuddering that I had to deal with in the Focus as I do like Sync 3 but that's about it. The Fiesta needs heated mirrors in every model as the mirrors are mounted lower on the door and not on A pillar at the door window where it would be able to pick up heat from inside of the car. Even though I have the SE with Appearance package I don't have the same features that the 2014 Focus did. No sunroof which I really miss, the ambient LED lighting covers only a portion of the area that the focus lit up. The 16 inch aluminum sparkle rims are nothing special. The worst feature is the seats front and rear are too small to give thigh support and I'm only 5'7''.
I do like the 32 mpg average too and from work. I never broke 30 in the Focus.