Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Estimated Cost for upgrading to SYNC 3 from base radio

Hi everyone, I bought a 2017 Fiesta SE SFE for it's fuel economy nature..... I have no idea why ford won't let me put any option on it... I want a SYNC 3 and it requires 1.6 Motor..
Good thing is this car is cheaper than I expected, I still have some change to upgrade it to a SYNC3 system. I know if I decided to buy all the parts from a Titanium it will work for sure but I am still wondering is there a cheaper way to do this?
According to couple website those stuff are what I need... I need a $1500 Radio, a $100 Screen, bunch of parts and supporting hardware add up to $200 bucks, dash trim piece and audio control panel, optional SONY amp and speakers....
This will cost me around $2500 to get the SYNC 3 work in my car..
I heard there are some of the retrofitting style kits for sale for other ford vehicle, is that possible for me to use one of those kits plus some trim and mounting piece from a Fiesta?
Thanks. Also I wonder how much a brand new leather steering wheel runs from titanium? I don't want dealer rip me off.....

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Sync 3 is very highly integrated into the Fiesta so you'll need OEM parts in order to get everything to work correctly.

Hi everyone, I bought a 2017 Fiesta SE SFE for it's fuel economy nature..... I have no idea why ford won't let me put any option on it... I want a SYNC 3 and it requires 1.6 Motor..
Good thing is this car is cheaper than I expected, I still have some change to upgrade it to a SYNC3 system. I know if I decided to buy all the parts from a Titanium it will work for sure but I am still wondering is there a cheaper way to do this?
According to couple website those stuff are what I need... I need a $1500 Radio, a $100 Screen, bunch of parts and supporting hardware add up to $200 bucks, dash trim piece and audio control panel, optional SONY amp and speakers....
This will cost me around $2500 to get the SYNC 3 work in my car..
I heard there are some of the retrofitting style kits for sale for other ford vehicle, is that possible for me to use one of those kits plus some trim and mounting piece from a Fiesta?
Thanks. Also I wonder how much a brand new leather steering wheel runs from titanium? I don't want dealer rip me off.....

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Sync 3 is very highly integrated into the Fiesta so you'll need OEM parts in order to get everything to work correctly.
That make everything easy, OEM sounds like the only way to go... If I pay my dealer to do this installation for me, is the installed OEM parts covered under warranty and updateable or it won't be covered under warranty in any shape of form?

That make everything easy, OEM sounds like the only way to go... If I pay my dealer to do this installation for me, is the installed OEM parts covered under warranty and updateable or it won't be covered under warranty in any shape of form?
I would totally go that route since things can get complicated when it comes to electronics.