Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci wont start?

Hi, any on on here that could help with a ford fiesta 1.4 tdci? I've just replace the fuel pressure sensor and the crankshaft sensor as they were both ************ and can wil not start no fault codes coming up what could it be cheers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Well my gf come out of work one day and it wouldnt start so i replaced the common problem which was crankshaft sensor still didnt start so then plugged it in and said fuel pressure sensor done that cleared codes primed it and started it turns over but does not start all codes have gone and not come back cheers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Marcwhit

City
ingatestone
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
fiesta 1.4 tdci van 2005
is your dash fully working, there is a fault with the dash on the focus, which may affect the fiesta dash too, bad solder joints on the multi-plug where they join the printed circuit, can cause no start, intermittent no start, and just cutting out while driving. also down in the footwells on both sides there are some multi-plug connections that can sometimes get corroded another place to look is under the battery shelf there are earth point wires, again can get corroded or snap at the bolt. an afterthought, use bosch or cambaire crank and cam sensors,

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Yes, I'd second the notion of looking for Fuses or Fuel Pump relay problem (possibly missing)

I do know that if the Crankshaft connector is not seated, the car will attempt to crank/Turn over for about 5 seconds then shut down.

Compete turn off to turn on to ignition and then START - will it crank for 5 seconds again - and shut down.

Then when you have that problem, it's the Crankshaft position sensor located on the front Engine to Transaxle housing blue housing bezel...try reseating it.

Fuel Pump though? Would not prevent the crank signal - so it'd turn over - but if a Fuse blew, well - even a loose battery wire clip to main positive terminal - if that is corroded or not seated - the Solenoid won't ever get the "juice" to engage let alone pull in the starter to make it turn.

I'd look into tampering - like someone had issues - and with that kind of approach, if someone wanted to make someone's day...