Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Need Some Fiesta ST Advice

Mattie14

Hello there,

I'm happy to join this community, a little overdue since I own a 2012 Fiesta SE. I'm in the market to buy a new vehicle and I'm leaning towards the 2018 Fiesta ST when it comes out.

My idea behind purchasing a new Fiesta ST would be to drive it moderately stock until its near paid off then start doing some body mods or major engine mods. This will be a project car for me to get started with modding, I am not worried about resale value as I want to keep this car for as long as I possibly can.

Some things I'm wondering from other enthusiasts are:
- Should I wait a few months to see what problems the 2018 remake is having?
- Should I wait for the 2019 Production year and let ford work out the kinks?
- Should I look at buying a 2017 Fiesta ST instead?
- Will I need to detune for 91 octane? Ford specs say run with 93 oct.
(First mod I will get will be a cobb tuner, maybe the stage 1 kit)

So far this has been really fun for me to plan out.

Thanks for the replies,

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard! If you're on the market for a FiST, I'd suggest you get the current model especially since you plan on modding as the 1.6L can handle tons of power, whereas the 1.5L is still uncertain. Also if you have time, come check out our sister site www.fiestastforum.com, there are many members that have gone well passed 300whp.

rooSTer

Premium Account
- Should I wait a few months to see what problems the 2018 remake is having?
Its still uncertain if we are even going to get the new ST.

- Should I wait for the 2019 Production year and let ford work out the kinks?
See above post

- Should I look at buying a 2017 Fiesta ST instead?
Yes

- Will I need to detune for 91 octane? Ford specs say run with 93 oct.
No

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Have you modified or added accessories to your current Fiesta? Do you draw up a plan for what improvements or upgrades you want or feel that the car needs, to perform as you desire? Are you certain that the 2018 Fiesta ST is even going to be available in North America? And, if it is going to be sold here, will aftermarket parts be developed for a car that is proven to be a very low volume product? And finally, how much money do you plan or think the upgrades and improvements will cost? I'm just trying to get an idea of your overall Thinking on the changes and costs.I will end this by saying that the idea of planning changes to a car that does not yet exist is not a good idea.