Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Looking for help with flickering parking lights after fog light installation in a 2016 SE

manstine

I recently replaced my amber parking lights/turn signal with a set of LED switchback parking/turn signal. They worked well with the resistor added in. The issue that I am having started after I added in a set of factory fog lights. I purchased the set that came with all wiring, bezels, bulbs and switch. I was informed that I could bypass the switch and hardwire them into the parking lights. This way there was no additional switch to operate and they would automatically come on when my parking lights were on. The issue that arose from that was when I have the parking lights/fog lights on, my drivers side parking light will flicker. It has even turned off the parking light and fog on the drivers side only on its own. The turn signal works without issue regardless if the parking light is flickering, or off for that matter. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to know if anyone knows of a solution that does not involve re-wiring the fogs and having them on their own independent switch. Is it possible that I need to increase the power of a fuse or add a relay somewhere. Like I said, any help is appreciated! I hate lighting issues...

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Sounds like it could be either a grounding issue or you're drawing too much power from where you are getting power from. How did you wire the lights?

OP
M

manstine

Thread Starter #3
I used splice connectors. I think that's what they are called. It is the connector that does not require any cutting. I was thinking the same as far as the power draw issue. Maybe I should switch to LED fogs that draw less power?

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Does the fog light kit come with three wires? 12v, ACC and Ground?

OP
M

manstine

Thread Starter #5
I believe it did. Had the relay and fuse in the line as well

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
M

manstine

Thread Starter #6
The fogs themselves only have 2 wires. Hot and ground. One white and one black

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Yes I believe its drawing too much power. I would still check your connection first those. Sometimes those taps can come loose or you didn't splice all the way down to the metal wire.

The fogs themselves only have 2 wires. Hot and ground. One white and one black