Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Factory fog light harness or no factory fog light harness, that is the question :)

doutrnz

I've seen posts that when you get a car without the fog lights option, that sometimes the car has a disabled factory fog light harness already installed. I wanted to know, before I get aftermarket fog lights, do ALL fiestas come with the harness just not used if you don't purchase the fog light option at the dealer? Or, does anyone know how to check if you have the harness in the car?

Thanks,
doutrnz

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome! Yes this wiring harness should be there but you'll need to get the brackets in addition to the switch and fog lights.

OP
D

doutrnz

Thread Starter #3
Do you know where the harness is located or happen to have a picture to reference so I know what to look for? I already bought the factory headlight switch with the fog light addition, but what brackets do you speak of? LOL

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Do you know where the harness is located or happen to have a picture to reference so I know what to look for? I already bought the factory headlight switch with the fog light addition, but what brackets do you speak of? LOL
What year is your Fiesta?

rooSTer

Premium Account
I had a regular Fiesta before my ST and the factory wiring is there but the switch wont work because Ford did not connect the wires to the switch. Your best bet is to add your own wiring.

OP
D

doutrnz

Thread Starter #7
Yeah, I saw a video on how they connected the wire to the switch, but they didn't go into detail about the harness and where it was or what it looked like. The wiring I can handle, it's just the harness I can't find. LOL

FROMDUB

Mine is a 2010 Fiesta. It has already the factory switch installed on my left dashboard. But the question is, is there a wiring harness ready for the fog lamps?

41deacon

City
Union
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Soon as you take off the foglight cover the harness is clipped right inside where the foglight goes. I just did it on my 2015 SE.