Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

A/C Pro?s/Mechanic, troubleshoot, question.

Cbass149

2011 fiesta SES.
It?s hot, in the 90?s here. Haven?t had this car very long, but to get to the point the ac is not working properly. I recharged the system because it was just a little low, and it?s holding pressure fine. The compressor is not kicking on. The radiator fan seems to be working properly. I can shoot cold water at the radiator for a few mins and the compressor will kick on and cool great. When the compressor runs, it?s ice cold inside. So I?m of the mind the compressor is fine? I don?t know if there is a ?thermostat? temperature sensor? that could be faulty? Or if the ac condenser itself could be the issue, the bottom of the condenser appears it has taken out many insects that have bent many fins, but the top half of the condenser is fine. initially I was washing the condenser to make sure it was not clogged up with dirt, dust, debris, and noticed while I was doing that the compressor kicked on. I thought I had it fixed via dirty condenser, but still not kicking on as it should. Car does not run hot. When the compressor does kick on, the radiator fan kicks on as well, as it should I assume. From what I have gathered today it?s related to temperature. If anyone knows this system and has any suggestions please let me know. Thank you for any help.