Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Saleen to debut a 300hp Fiesta ST at the 2015 New York International Auto Show

City
Houston

April 1, 2015 -- Earlier this morning, Saleen Automotive announced the debut of the all-new 2015 BS300 White Label Fiesta ST to much fanfare at the New York International Auto Show. To round out their fleet, Saleen pulled out all the stops and developed one of the best B-Segment hatchback to date. This car is set to change the way hot hatches are looked at from here on out. At a one-of-a-kind event in Downtown New York, Saleen will raise the curtain on it's latest hot hatch since the 2005 Saleen Focus.

"Since I started building cars in 1984 my goal has always been to go above and beyond where anybody has been before", said Steve Saleen. "This will by far be the most refined and advanced hatchback we have built to date."

With over 30 years of experience in both racing and manufacturing vehicles, it was only a matter of time before Saleen built a compact car as comprehensive and technologically advanced as the 2015 BS300 White Label Fiesta ST.

Power
Saleen combined the reliability and potency of the 1.6L Ecoboost motor with a twin-screw turbocharger. The pair produces the most power from a production Fiesta ST yet at 300 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque on 91 octane gas.

"From the beginning of this project, we have always known that we wanted to create the most powerful production hatchback we have ever built", said Sven Etzelsberger, V.P. of Engineering. "I can happily say that we have accomplished this goal with great success."

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
The 2015 Saleen BS300 White Label Fiesta ST not only outperforms every competitor in engine performance, but also outshines even previous generation Focus RS in handling. This is because the chassis consists of an independent suspension on all four corners. Outfitted with Saleen S4 springs, shocks, swaybars, and bushings, this setup offers complete performance and handling for both on and off the track.

A massive set of 15-inch dimpled rotors and multi-piston brakes bring the car back down from hyperspeed. "A brake setup of this caliber is perfectly fit on an ultra-high performance vehicle like the BS300 Fiesta ST", added Etzelsberger.

Keeping the White Label planted to the road are 205/35R17 tires in the front and 205/40R17 tires in the rear. These are wrapped around a set of Saleen 17 inch 5-spoke alloy wheels that are available in multiple finishes.

Design
By far the most advanced design out of Saleen, the BS300 Fiesta ST combines the legacy that Saleen is known for with unconventional design elements and materials for a truly unique vehicle inside and out, top to bottom. This all-new Saleen vehicle started with finely tuned aerodynamic body components. As always, Saleen has spent considerable time optimizing lift over drag (L/D) and this vehicle is no exception. Lengthened an inch and a half in the front and almost two inches in the rear helps to increase the airfoil, thereby increasing downforce over the entire vehicle. A trademark Saleen rear wing balances the downforce created by the front air splitter. Carbon fiber body components help to lighten the overall weight of the vehicle.

The interior is a mix of luxury and styling with black leather and suede seats accented in contrasting chevrons. A high contrast gauge cluster provides key vitals to the driver at a glance. Harking back to Saleen's racing heritage is a leather wrapped steering wheel with controls for audio and the center stack display between the gauges. Unique badging finishes off the interior that includes a dash plaque signifying year of manufacture and serial number of each vehicle.

A full set of Saleen BS300 badging and graphics will also be included to complement any one of the standard or custom Saleen paint schemes available on all Saleen vehicles. To match the beauty and refinement of such a remarkable car, Saleen has developed a new paint coating with BASF to launch with this vehicle. California Sunset is a cross between a golden red and the hues of a setting sun to create a truly unique color that changes with the light. As with the rest of the Saleen lineup, the 2015 BS300 Fiesta ST White Label will receive a Saleen serialization and unique Saleen VIN. Each car is also hand signed by Steve Saleen, ensuring it has gone through the rigorous post-production quality control process.

"This car pushes the boundaries of proportion, both functionally and aesthetically, while transforming the signature American pony car look into a new class of American Exotic", explained Sean Smith, Design Director.

The 2015 Saleen BS300 White Label will have a starting price of $38,214 and is available for order on saleen.com or by calling Saleen's Vehicle Sales Division at (800) APRIL-FOOLS.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
So where is this car now, years later?
It was an April fools day post. It never existed. The Las Vegas Shelby American shop will do upgrades to Fiesta ST. I saw one in their shop when i visited Vegas in 2016. But, there is no official, serialized production Shelby Fist. Just retail customer, one off cars.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
Hilarious. They should do more April Fools jokes like that. Like a Fiesta RS. Imagine having an AWD Fiesta with 350 HP.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hilarious. They should do more April Fools jokes like that. Like a Fiesta RS. Imagine having an AWD Fiesta with 350 HP.
No. They should not. This B.S. and rumours that are started on the web often cause people to put off their purchases in the hope of a unicorn that will never be. It's really rather petty and mean. Not funny

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
No. They should not. This B.S. and rumours that are started on the web often cause people to put off their purchases in the hope of a unicorn that will never be. It's really rather petty and mean. Not funny
I guess it's not so funny if you are car sales person. That's what they call in the software industry, a Vaporware. What I hate is when you see these really cool car prototypes at car shows and then they end up not making the vehicle. Hopefully this is not the case with the Bronco and that we see that vehicle in actual production. Anytime that vehicle comes up in discussion every place I go, people all are interested in it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I guess it's not so funny if you are car sales person. That's what they call in the software industry, a Vaporware. What I hate is when you see these really cool car prototypes at car shows and then they end up not making the vehicle. Hopefully this is not the case with the Bronco and that we see that vehicle in actual production. Anytime that vehicle comes up in discussion every place I go, people all are interested in it.
I'm sure they are often frustrated by people asking for a car that does NOT exist. But the "joke" also has a chilling effect on people who are concerned that they might commit to buying a car that will soon be made less desireable because a better/faster/more trick features car might follow it. Buying decisions on things that need long term finance contracts very often have a huge amount of emotional baggage attached.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
I'm sure they are often frustrated by people asking for a car that does NOT exist. But the "joke" also has a chilling effect on people who are concerned that they might commit to buying a car that will soon be made less desireable because a better/faster/more trick features car might follow it. Buying decisions on things that need long term finance contracts very often have a huge amount of emotional baggage attached.
True. True.