Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Headlights Dimming Problem

rivethook

I have a 2013 Fiesta with less than 22000 miles on it, the headlights will dim and then go to normal while I increase speed or slow down and sometimes the dash lights will also change brightness with the lights, they do this on both high and low beam. If I maintain a constant speed they will not flicker. They also will not flicker if I'm in neutral and rev the engine and bumps or rough roads also have no effect on this problem with the lights. We normally don't drive at night so I don't know how long this has been happening.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard.

Sounds like your alternator is going out or a bad battery. You should have it tested and since your car has 22,000 miles its still under warranty.

OP
R

rivethook

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the help, after reading the posts I decided to check the battery connections, they were tight but removed them and reinstalled them and the problem is no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again...

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, after reading the posts I decided to check the battery connections, they were tight but removed them and reinstalled them and the problem is no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again...
Great to hear.