Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ken Block Captures Seventh 100 Acre Wood Win

City
Houston

Ken Block kicked off his 2014 Rally America season in familiar fashion, piloting his Ford Fiesta, along with co-driver Alex Gelsomino, to victory at the 100 Acre Wood event Saturday night. The win is Block's seventh in the last eight years at the event.

Block led the rally from the very first stage, building a 20.6 seconds lead over Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins. A second day disaster engine failure to Higgins on Stage 9 forced his retirement, sealing the win for Block.

?I felt as if I had very few mistakes this weekend,? said Block, ?Unfortunately, my top competition fell out on day two and I was able to extend my lead. It took some pressure off, which I don't like, because I like to push hard. Instead, I was able to just enjoy these roads and put on a good show for the fans.?

In Two-Wheel Drive (2WD) action, Ford Racing's Andrew Comrie-Picard (ACP) with Ole Holter won the 2WD category in their Team O'Neil prepared Ford Fiesta, outlasting second place Scion Racing's Matthew Johnson and Jeremy Wimpey. Both ACP and Johnson have 2WD victories under their belts, but Johnson holds onto the 2WD points standing lead.

?This event was really confidence inspiring,? commented Comrie-Picard, ?This event really favors high horsepower for faster speeds, but we were exact with the Ford Fiesta and we did what we came here to do.?

The Ford Fiesta teams are back in action May 2-4 at the Oregon Trail Rally in Portland, Oregon.